What I Do:
- Lead UX/UI design and give design direction for development teams
- Use research and interviews to inform my design decisions
- User flows, content audits, sitemaps, documentation, and IA
- low and high fidelity interactive prototypes
- Functionality first, UI second
- Helping to test, get feedback,
and make improvements
- Publish articles about the UX industry to stay up to date on the latest trends
Who I Work With
- Companies, large and small, offering CRM or other B2B tools and services
- Strong UX teams looking for freelancers for large projects (usually IA or content based)
- By special consideration, startups with awesome ideas
I have a diverse background in:
- Web design/development: front-end development, site maintenance and setup, web content, design, and content strategy.
- Journalism: I've written for the Washington Post, Orlando Sentinel, other national outlets.
- Science: I've worked at Fermi National Laboratory and write about engineering, science, and tech.